Your success is our success as an agency and so we value your wellbeing and achievements during your stay with us.
We recruit many different types of foster families who can look after different children and young people. By doing so we always aim to have a wide range of foster families. This provides us with the ability to find the best possible foster family for you, depending on your needs and likes.
When recruiting foster families, we spend a lot of time talking to families who want to foster and we carry out a lot of checks to make sure they are ok to look after children. When it comes to deciding whether someone can foster for Anchor Foster Care, there are a lot of people involved in that decision. This is to be sure that you will be safe and looked after by carers who can show that they like to be with children. More importantly, that children like to be with them.
Looking after you
We aim to:
- provide you with foster families and support that will enable to realise your potential because we believe that everyone has a potential to be the best they can be
- recruit foster families from different backgrounds to ensure that we can find the appropriate family for you
- always have you in school because we believe that education gives you more and better choices in the future
- provide you with as much support as is necessary to help you with your challenges
Information for you
- provide you with a welcome pack and children’s guide with information
- provide you with a dedication email contact for you to use if you wish to give us feedback or make a complaint. The Children’s guide will provide further information on how to go about this.
- invite you to our children’s forums which we hold throughout the year during school breaks. This will provide you with not only an opportunity to meet other children being looked after by other Anchor foster families but an opportunity to share your fostering experiences in a safe environment
- if you are old enough, invite you to our summer’s residential break where you will again have an opportunity to meet others and get to know other children and young people at Anchor Foster Care
Click here to send us a private email
A Message From OFSTED
Read the full inspection summary directed to the children and Young People for their participation. Children and Young People Report.