Mental Health Fostering
- Venue: Anchor Foster Care Conference Centre 69 Maidstone Rd, Chatham ME4 6DP
- 25th February 2020
Mental Health Fostering training takes place on Tuesday 25th February 2020 between 10 - 2 pm.
Please arrive 15 minutes early for registration.
This training will be delivered by the Social Care Training Hub and will provide you with the knowledge and insight into children's mental health needs, and aims to provide you with the tools to support these young people.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Know the definition of the term 'mental health' as it relates to children and young people.
- Identify risk factors that may impact on children and young people's mental health.
- Identify resilience factors that may promote children and young people's mental health.
- Recognise the thoughts, feelings, behaviours and physical signs of a child/young person requiring mental health intervention.
- Learn how to access consultation advice and how to signpost to services.
- Know what the referral process is to the Child and Family Therapy Service (CAMHS).
This course meets the Training, Support and Development Standards (TSDS) as outlined in the Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.