At Anchor Foster Care we provide top quality comprehensive training free of charge to our foster carers and carers in assessment.
Alongside our mandatory training foster carers have access to a range of specialist training.
Carried out by experienced professionals, our courses cover the areas essential to preparing carers for the job.
Benefits of training with Anchor include:
• Free and plentiful lunches with refreshments
• Free parking at most training venues
• Certificates to all those who attend and successfully complete any assessment requirements, if applicable.
• A choice of five UK training locations
• Online training
• Flexible booking arrangements
• Short but impactful training sessions
Our training gives carers the ability to become highly skilled and competent professionals who are better prepared for the challenges of fostering .
Training forms part of three groups; mandatory training, core training, and specialist training available on request.
• Paediatric First Aid
• Safe Care – Working with Children who have been abused including Child Protection and Safeguarding
• Managing Aggressive/Challenging Behaviour – De-escalation
• Health, Hygiene and Communicable Diseases
• Promoting Education
• Internet Safety – Social Media
• Therapeutic Crisis Intervention for Families (TCIF)
• Looking after Children with Complex Health Needs
• Transitions - including Moving to Adoption, Returning to Birth Family or Moving to Independence
• Valuing Diversity
• Child Protection – Level 2
• Sexual Exploitation and Trafficking
• Substance Misuse (Drugs Awareness)
• Promoting Family Contact
We aim to train all carers in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention for Families (TCIF) so carers are better prepared and fully supported in handling difficult behaviour. We also offer other specialist training.
• Transgender Training
• FGM (Female Genital Mutilation) Training
• Cultural Awareness
• Domestic Violence and the Impact on Children
• ADHD and Autism
• Missing from Care Protocol
• Parent and Child Fostering
Most courses are of a short duration, just three hours normally. They are held between 10am and 2pm, times proven to enable carers to take part easily. Some training, like our First Aid Training is usually a two day course as it is essential that foster carers are trained to a high degree.
Our training takes place across five UK locations:
Kent - 69 Maidstone Road, Chatham, Kent ME4 6DP
South London - Airport House, Purley Way, Croydon CR0 0XZ
North of London - The Regus, Fairbourne Drive, Atterbury, Milton Keynes, MK10 9RG
East Sussex - Robsack Children's Centre, Bodiam Drive, St Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex TN38 9TW
East Midlands - 44D Borough Street, Castle Donington, Derby DE74 2LB
Don’t forget most of our training can also be completed online. Once approved, online training information is provided to carers by our Supervising Social Workers for a completely free yet flexible experience.