Today we spoke to more than 70 organisations local to Hastings supporting the Hastings Community Network. There was so much positive energy in the room!
With thanks to thanks to Hastings Community Network, Hastings Voluntary Action and East Sussex council we were able to talk to professional bodies about the 83,000 children in care in the UK.
As an independent and child-centred not-for-profit organisation spreading the word to as many people as possible is essential to us, especially to those who want to make a difference.
We welcome all to come along to our events and ask questions about the 24/7 support they will receive, and how can carers work together as a team, alongside staff, to best help young people.
* you can be single and foster and don’t have to have raised your own children
* you don’t have to own your own home
* you don’t need any formal qualifications
* Your sexual orientation, religion and age won’t prevent you from fostering
* You can sometimes continue to work and foster and most importantly we are age inclusive – the minimum age is 21 and we have some amazing carers in their late 60’s
If you missed this event, don't worry. We have many more information sessions planned throughout the year. Visit our events page to see the full listing.
Alternatively, please follow us on Facebook or Twitter to hear about our news and events.